Chocolate Orange Christingle (case of 24)
Single Christingle Oranges are available here.
We love Christingle services, but once over nearly half a million oranges, plastic ribbons, candles and donation envelopes are thrown away every year. That’s a lot of wasted food and plastic.
So to help make Christingle events more ethical and safer we have created the world's first Fairtrade Meaningful Chocolate Orange boxed in the style of a Christingle.
It has Christingle symbols along with an explanation of their meaning. The box also doubles as charity collection box with a slot for coins so you can still encourage donations to usual charities. Everything is plastic free and can be recycled.
With a few simple tweaks to liturgy, order of services or events it is possible to run a safer more ethical Christingle.
- Explains Christingle symbols (See below)
- Box doubles as charity collection box with coin slot
- Made from Fairtrade orange milk chocolate 35% cocoa
- Includes brief explanation of Fairtrade
- Ready made - no need to assemble
- Plastic free
- Recyclable box
- Candle free
- No sharp edges from cocktail sticks
- Conforms to food regulations - no sticky oranges or germs on fruit
The box is 6.5cm wide, 6.5cm deep and 10cm high. The chocolate orange is 5cm round, hollow and wrapped in plain orange foil.
History of Christingles
In 1747 Bishop Johannes de Watteville started the tradition in Germany. The Moravian Church then spread the tradition. In the UK, since the 1960s, Christingles have been used in Advent to share the Christmas message and raise funds for charity.
Symbolism of Christingles
- The word Christingle means 'Christ's Light'. Its decorations have special meanings-
- The orange represents the world
- The red ribbon Represents God’s love around the world and remembers the events of Easter
- The candle Represents Jesus the light of the world brings hope in the darkness
- The fruits Represents creation and the four seasons
Ingredients: Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Cocoa Mass, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin. Cocoa Solids 35% Minimum, Milk Solids 20% Minimum. Natural Flavour: Orange Oil. Sugar, Cocoa: traded in compliance with Fairtrade Standards, total 77%. Visit www.info.fairtrade.net
May also contain other gluten sources (wheat). Also may contain nuts, egg. Suitable for Vegetarians.Suitable for Vegetarians.
Energy 2,370kJ/566kcal, Fat 36.8g of which Saturates 22.2g, Carbohydrate 50.4g of which Sugars 49.5g, Fibre 2.1g, Protein 6.9g , Salt 0.20g